My Favorite Cookbook


My Favorite Cookbook: Time-Life's American Country Cooking

My favorite cookbook? Well, as usual, a favorite is hard to pick. One that I positively, absolutely love though is a 1989 Time-Life book from the American Country series called Country Cooking. It is my favorite because several of the best recipes I have ever tried came from it. They include an absolutely amazing corn chowder and totally a delicious chicken pot pie. 

Click here to find Time Life's out-of-print American Country Country Cooking cookbook on eBay.

EDITED IN 2026 TO ADD:  I loved this cookbook when I originally wrote this post many years ago. However, today, as empty nesters, our cooking is a bit different and I don't know if I would actually call it my favorite. I still love those recipes and the book but I will say it doesn't get used as often.

Brenda
Treasures By Brenda on
Culinary Favorites 





No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLOSURE

This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase from Amazon, eBay or Etsy through a link. Image at the top of the page may have been created with AI.


“As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and or Etsy (Awin) Affiliate, I earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X